Pakistan Coating Association (PCA) is organising the first of its kind Pakistan Paint and Construction Chemicals Expo in the International Expo Centre Lahore from 14-16 September 2023 with the support of the Ministry of Commerce, Trade Development Authority (TDAP), Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI), Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KCCI), Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI) and Pakistan Afghanistan Joint Chamber of Commerce & Industry (PAJCCI).
The aim is to attract international buyers from Gulf Countries, Africa, Afghanistan and neighbouring countries and to provide a plate form to local paint and allied industries to display their products and interact with foreign traders and local consumers. On the sidelines, technical and training sessions would be held to educate consumers and workers about paint quality and its uses.
In this connection, Mr Siraj-U-Din, Chairman of PCA and Managing Director of Nelson Paints Ind (Pvt) Ltd – two executive members of PCA, Mr M Yousuf of Yaksr (Pvt) Ltd and Mr Musa Yahya of Baghpatee Robinson Paint Industry during an exclusive interview with local electronic channel have said Pakistan exported paint worth USD 19 million. We set a target of USD 70 million for the next couple of years, and want expansion on the export of quantity in the future.
They hoped this Expo would be a milestone for the progress and expansion of local paint and allied industries in general and expanding the country’s economy in particular.
They applauded a government levy of 20% duty on imports of paints and duty-free imports of raw materials for the progress and protection of the local paint industry.
They have received a good response from local paint and allied industries for participating in the coming Expo. Some of them are Norson Chemicals Industries, Brighto Paints, AkzoNobel, Berger Paints, Nippon Paints, Sparco Paints, Diamond Paints and others. The resin, minerals and chemical suppliers would be part of this Expo.
Objectives & Scope of Pakistan Paint & Construction Chemicals Expo – 2023
The Pakistan Paint and Construction Chemicals Expo-2023 is a three-day event at the International Expo Centre in Lahore from September 14 to September 16, 2023. The Pakistan Coating Association has organised the Expo intending to provide an opportunity for manufacturers of paint and construction chemicals, as well as allied industries, to showcase their products:-
- Promote and create awareness about the quality and competitiveness of Pakistani products in the international market.
- Enhance Exports of the Paint and Chemicals manufacturers from approximately 19 million USD to 70 million USD by targeting regions like CARs, African countries, and the Gulf.
- Provide Pakistani manufacturers, suppliers, and Exporters an opportunity to network with potential buyers, distributors, and industry professionals from the target regions.
- By targeting regions like CARs, African countries, and the Gulf, the Expo aims to expand Pakistan’s Export market beyond traditional markets. It seeks to tap into the growing demand for Paint and Construction Chemicals in these regions and promote Pakistani products as reliable and cost-effective solutions.
- The Expo provides a platform for Pakistani companies to introduce and showcase their latest products, technologies, and innovations in the paint and construction chemicals sector. This helps attract potential buyers’ attention and establishes Pakistan as a source of cutting-edge solutions.
- The Expo will host seminars, workshops, and conferences to promote learning, innovation, and technology transfer, making Pakistani products more competitive and attractive to international markets.
- The Expo will serve as a platform for industry stakeholders to engage with government officials and policymakers.
- The Expo can be used to advocate for supportive policies, incentives, and measures that facilitate Export growth and address any barriers or challenges faced by the industry.
- By actively engaging with buyers and industry professionals from the target regions, the Expo aims to strengthen trade relations between Pakistan and these regions. This can lead to increased trade volumes, market diversification, and long-term partnerships that benefit both sides.
- Overall, the Pakistan Paint & Construction Chemicals Expo aims to position Pakistan as a reliable and competitive Exporter of paint and construction chemicals while specifically targeting and enhancing Exports to regions like CARs, African countries, and the Gulf.
Pakistan Coating Association (PCA) was established in 2018 to provide a platform for collective growth and resolving issues. PCA activities now cover economic sub-sectors of Paints, Coatings and Surface Finishes, Sealants and adhesives, printing inks, Construction Chemicals, Master Batch, and other allied Industrial chemicals, and supply chain facilitators. PCA advocates policy reforms, facilitate result-oriented dialogue and informed decision-making, lobby with policy influencers, and engages with the governments, trade bodies, donors, and international forums to make the Pakistan Coating Industry more competitive, internationally integrated, innovative and more vibrant economic sector. PCA and its members are committed to enhancing productivity, improving compliance as responsible corporate citizens, and upholding the spirit of collective growth, as depicted in our slogan “Mein Nahi Hum” (Us, not Me).
Pakistan Coating Association is a professional networking platform, a community of engaged friends and colleagues who aim to work together to promote trade and each other, support the activities of businesses in the sector, and safeguard and defend their interests across the spectrum at both national and international levels.
Over the coming years, PCA’s mandate to facilitate and drive opportunities for growth and prosperity among its members will be on achieving specific strategic goals, which include:
Optimising and diversifying the PCA communications and programming to maximise Member experience, facilitate greater Member-to-Member connections and attract new Members.
We are ensuring that the PCA achieves the highest standard of operational excellence and contributing to the achievement and recognition of community excellence.
We enhance government, community, and business decision-making by supporting a data-enabled economy.
(Additional input from Iftekhar Rahat, Zonal Secretary, South Region, PCA, who can be approached on Cell # 0347-8350882, for participation in the Expo.)