· Market traded positively, adding a total of 510pts on the bourse and closed the session at a bullish note with 493pts (unadjusted). Banks, Fertilizer, Cement, Technology stocks ruled the day. Finance Minister’s comments while disclosing Economic Survey also helped the market propel. Trading volumes remained healthy today, though WTL traded roughly half the volume it did yesterday. Scrips that led the volumes table include WTL, with 327.
9M shares, followed by KEL (48.8M) and HUMNL (43.1M).
· The Index closed at 48,252pts as against 47,778pts showing an increase of 474pts (+1% DoD). Sectors contributing to the performance include Technology (+155pts), Banks (+116pts), Fertilizer (+65pts), Vanaspati (+36pts) and Textile (+33pts).
· Volumes declined from 135.1mn shares to 1,039.4mn shares (-23% DoD). Average traded value increased by 14% to reach US$ 169mn as against US$ 148.7mn.
· Stocks that contributed significantly to the volumes include WTL, KEL, HUMNL, UNITY and PACE, which formed 48% of total volumes.
· Stocks that contributed positively to the index include TRG (+128pts), UNITY (+36pts), HBL (+32pts), UBL (+25pts) and SYS (+24pts). Stocks that contributed negatively include HUBC (-13pts), PPL (-13pts), INDU (-9pts), INIL (-8pts) and DAWH (-7pts).