· Market traded in a range during the session that saw an oscillation of -178pts and +238pts, ending the session with +195pts (unadjusted). The decline observed earlier on the back of profit booking in Technology stocks triggered selling pressure in Banks, E & E&P and O&GMCs. A rebound in buying activity brought back interest in PSO, which helped pull the stock price up by a good margin from LDCP.
Activity remained skewed towards GGL, UNITY, TRG and TELE, which have made a robust rally in the past couple of months. WTL topped the volumes with 49.5M shares among scrips, followed by TELE (49.1M) and GGL (47.2M).
· The Index closed at 45,982pts as against 45,796pts showing an increase of 186pts (+0.4% DoD). Sectors contributing to the performance include E&P (+80pts), O&GMCs (+74pts), Vanaspati (+37pts), Technology (+30pts) and Fertilizer (+18pts).
· Volumes increased from 437.4mn shares to 536.5mn shares (+23% DoD). The average traded value also increased by 14% to reach US$ 151mn as against US$ 151mn.
· Stocks that contributed significantly to the volumes include WTL, TELE, GGL, UNITY and TRG, which formed 38% of total volumes.
· Stocks that contributed positively to the index include PSO (+50pts), TRG (+43pts), UNITY (+37pts), MARI (+31pts) and PPL (+21pts). Stocks that contributed negatively include BAHL (-26pts), LUCK (-15pts), MCB (-14pts), SYS (-13pts) and ANL (-12pts).
Courtesy – AHL