· First day of the month saw range bound activity with side board scrips performing better than blue chips. The index swayed +209pts and -65pts, closing the session -7pts (unadjusted). Volumes and price performance was witnessed in TPLP, TELE, WTL and HUMNL out of which TPLP and TELE hit upper circuits and maintained that level till closing. Banks, Cement, Fertilizer, Power and Refinery sectors ended the session in red, whereas Technology sector led the Index. Among scrips, WTL topped the volumes with 162.2M shares, followed by TELE (45.1M) and GGL (31.5M).
· The Index closed at 47,413pts as against 47,420pts showing a decline of 6pts. Sectors contributing to the performance include Banks (-33pts), Cement (-14pts), Autos (-12pts), Technology (+40pts), Engineering (+13pts) and Fertilizer (+12pts).
· Volumes increased substantially from 378.8mn shares to 536.6mn shares (+41% DoD). Average traded value also increased by 2% to reach US$ 86.1mn as against US$ 84mn.
· Stocks that contributed significantly to the volumes include WTL, TELE, GGL, HUMNL and TREET, which formed 52% of total volumes.
· Stocks that contributed positively to the index include TRG (+29pts), LUCK (+12pts), FABL (+10pts), EPCL (+9pts) and ENGRO (+8pts). Stocks that contributed negatively include HBL (-18pts), MCB (-15pts), MEBL (-14pts), INDU (-11pts) and PSEL (-9pts).