· Market consolidated the gains made in the previous sessions with profit booking in Technology, Cement, Steel and Refinery sectors, whereas the index got some support from Banks and Power sector. Technology sector saw selling pressure that brought AVN and other tech stocks down, despite hitting a historic IPO of Octopus Digital in the previous week. Among scrips, BYCO topped the volumes with 44.9M shares, followed by SERFR (42.1M) and TPLP (41M).
· The Index closed at 47,270pts as against 47,198pts showing an increase of 72pts (+0.2% DoD). Sectors contributing to the performance include Banks (+85pts), E&P (+21pts), Power (+20pts), Pharma (+16pts), Technology (-44pts) and Cement (-17pts).
· Volumes declined from 427.4mn shares to 395.8mn shares (-8% DoD). Average traded value also declined by 11% to reach US$ 96.3mn as against US$ 108.1mn.
· Stocks that contributed significantly to the volumes include BYCO, SERFR, TPLP, TELE and TPL, which formed 45% of total volumes.
· Stocks that contributed positively to the index include UBL (+66pts), HBL (+33pts), AGP (+20pts), COLG (+18pts) and HUBC (+18pts). Stocks that contributed negatively include TRG (-36pts), MEBL (-35pts), BAHL (-14pts), PIOC (-8pts) and MLCF (-8pts).
Courtesy – AHL