Speakers at the concluding session and in scientific sessions stressed on research and more research on medicinal herbs and plants to meet the challenges globalization of Tibb I Unani. The concluding session of 4th Hamdard International Conference on Unani Medicine was held at auditorium, Madinat al Hikmah, Karachi. Sharing his views on conference Prof. Liu Xinmin, advisor to WHO on Traditional Medicine said the Unani Medicine and Chinese Medicine had played an important role in providing healthcare facilities to common man in Pakistan and China Sharing of knowledge and wisdom in a conference like this has provided good opportunity to make alternative medicine to improve the quality of its medicine, safety and efficacy. It the 4th Hamdard International Conference was an specific event which provided a good opportunity for exchanging views and sharing experience, he added.
Hakim Syed Zilur Rahman, Chairman, Ibne Sina Institute of Tibb, Aligarh, India said that Tibb-I- Unani was a part and parcel of Muslim civilization and art and that was the only Muslim art which still has survived. He urged the physicians of Tibb-i-Unani to join International Association for Unani Medicine in order to promote their system of medicine on international level as physicians of Ayurvedic and Sidhha were joining their associations on mass scale to promote their system of medicine in the world.
Former Senator Abdul Haseeb Khan said that practices of Clinical trials be raised in Unani Medicines to boost its exports of medicines which could be increased than allopathic medicines .
Dr. Navaid ul Zafar was of the view that Tibb-i-Unani should be stick to its basic philosophy which could only provide it the material for its survival.
Prof. Dr. Baquer Razai from Iran said that he was specifically attended this conference to judge the potential of the conference and he found very useful in promoting the cause of Traditional Medicine.
Dr. Ghazala Rizwani, Convener of the conference submitted the recommendations in the concluding session and the participants of the session gave their approval to the following recommendations.
- To promote cooperation and collaboration between the researchers, students and practitioners of Easter/Unani Medicine and institutes all over the country nationally and internationally
- To create and strengthen a resilient system of alternative medicine based on self-reliance. Wisdom, values and human potentials for the advancement of knowledge, development of skills and research culture to contribute at national and international level; particularly the vector of quality, safety and efficiency be enhanced.
- To jointly develop a collaborative research fund with indigenous resources.
- Hamdard University, Center of Excellence in Unani Medicine offers all the participants of this conference to participate in its activities so as to further strengthen it in terms of output.
- Student and Faculty Exchange Programme be encouraged to learn from each other
- Country-wise chapters of International Association for Unani Medicine be established so as to promote exchange o knowledge, skills and expertise.
- International Collaborative Conferences, Symposia, Seminars and Workshops on the emerging issues of education and healthcare be held.
- An International ISI Impact Factor journal should be jointly published.
Besides Mrs. Sadia Rashid and Fatema Munir Ahmed respedtively Chaorperson and Chief Executicve Officer, Hamdard Laboratories (Waqf) Pakistan foreign delegates, scholars, physicians, faculty members and students of Faculty of Eastern Medicine, Hamdard Universityh attended the concluding session. Earlier scientific sessions of the conference were also held on January 9,10 and 11 2017 on different subjects in which the scholars and scientist presented their research-based paper on medicines and medicinal plants and herb.
M. Hafizur Rahman, Department of Biochemistary and Cell Biology Bangladesh University of Health Sciences Darussalam, Dhaka, Bangladesh delivering a lecture on ” The art and Science of traditional medicine for the prevention and management of diabetes and its complication ” at the 4th Hamdard International Conference on Unani Medicine – 2017 at Hamdard University, Bait al Hikmah, Madinat al Hikmah, Karachi. Prof Dr. Hakim Abdul Hannan, Vice Chancellor Hamdard University, Prof. Dro Ghazala Hafeez Rizwani and Mr. Mrs. Abdul Rashid Bhikha and Prof. Dr. Ahsana Dar Farooq, Dean Faculty of Eastern Medicine H.U are present on this occasion.