· Market opened on a positive note today, which is also the first day of the rollover week, and added a total of 321pts during the session. The Index closed +220ps (unadjusted). Cement, Engineering (Steel), Power and O&GMCs contributed positively to the Index, in anticipation of better financial results of the outgoing quarter. Technology stocks also contributed positively to the Index.
Scrips that have high weightage in Futures contract subject to rollover traded in the positive zone, especially TRG and Netsol. Among scrips, KEL topped the volumes with 36.6M shares, followed by UNITY (35.9M) and TRG (29.8M).
· The Index closed at 46,088pts as against 45,868pts showing an increase of +220pts (+0.5% DoD). Sectors contributing to the performance include Technology (+96pts), Cement (+49pts), Pharma (+45pts), Fertilizer (+38pts) and Power (+22pts).
· Volumes increased from 430.6mn shares to 470.1mn shares (+9% DoD). Average traded value also increased by 33% DoD to reach US$ 130.9mn as against US$ 98.4mn.
· Stocks that contributed significantly to the volumes include KEL, UNITY, TRG, ANL and FFL, which formed 31% of total volumes.
· Stocks that contributed positively to the index include TRG (+85pts), HUBC (+20pts), ANL (+17pts), UNITY (+17pts) and FFC (+17pts). Stocks that contributed negatively include HBL (-24pts), DAWH (-17pts), OGDC (-15pts), UBL (-13pts) and MEBL (-12pts).
(A report of AHL).