PTCL remains focused on improving services, all set for 5G: Zaheer Achakzai

Executive Vice President PTCL (South) Zaheer Achakzai has said that PTCL has remained focused on improving its quality of service by upgrading the infrastructure that led to improving the profitability by 34 percent and the service provider’s infrastructure was all set for 5G which has already been successfully tested.

Exchanging views at a meeting during his visit to the Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KCCI), he said that PTCL remains committed to the entire nation as it remained completely operational even during the complete lockdown imposed to contain further spread of coronavirus pandemic so that people continue to work from home without any problem. “22 employees including the President PTCL Rashid Khan passed away due to COVID-19 pandemic but we never stopped once and continued to operate in an extraordinary situation to make sure that the entire nation stays online from their homes”, he added.

President KCCI Shariq Vohra, Senior Vice President Saqib Goodluck, Vice President Shamsul Islam Khan, Chairman of KCCI’s Communication Subcommittee Qazi Zahid Hussain and Managing Committee Members attended the meeting.

Vice President PTCL further stated that 90 percent of the complaints were being resolved by PTCL within 24 hours whereas the rest of 10 percent suffer delays mainly because of the reasons beyond PTCL’s control as many other civic departments start carrying out digging in any area that often damages PTCL underground cables.

“Lack of coordination amongst departments along with absence of relevant laws for carrying out the digging create a lot of problems and delay the restoration of telephone lines and internet service”, he added.

Earlier, President KCCI M. Shariq Vohra, in his remarks, appreciated the transformation of PTCL after its privatization which drastically improved the services but still, there was a lot of room for further improvement and PTCL has to upgrade its infrastructure and services to such an extent that it can be compared with any other reputable international internet & telephone service provider.

He further advised PTCL to focus on improving its services in the suburbs of Karachi city as there are many areas where PTCL’s services were still unavailable despite growing demand.

Appreciating PTCL’s philanthropic activities under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program, he said that most of the CSR activities were being carried out in many areas of Pakistan except Karachi which must also be included in the PTCL’s CSR list. “Although a lot of philanthropic activities are being carried out in Karachi by many institutions and generous individuals yet this city stands at 6th position in terms of people living below the poverty line. Hence, PTCL must also look into the possibility of positioning its CSR activities to Karachi as well”, he added.

CAPTION: President Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KCCI) M. Shariq Vohra presenting crest to Executive Vice President PTCL (South) Zaheer Achakzai during his visit to KCCI. Senior Vice President Saqib Goodluck, Vice President Shamsul Islam Khan, Chairman of KCCI’s Communication Subcommittee Qazi Zahid Hussain and others are also seen in the picture.




Posted in Article & Features.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *