· Market opened on a positive note today and managed to remain positive during the day. Index went up to 339 points and closed 35.12 points although activity remained ranged bound today with sluggish activity and profit taking was witnessed once again today across the board. However, market witnessed good volumes in 3rd tier Stocks.
· Although activity continued to remain sideways as foreign flows in banking sector was expected.
· The Index closed at 45,916.3pts as against 45,881.1pts showing an increase of 35pts (0.08% DoD). Sectors contributing to the performance include E&P (+53.4pts), Fertilizer (+21.1pts), Textile Composite (+10.6pts), Power (+10.1pts) and Inv. Banks (+5.4pts).
· Volumes increased from 339.1mn shares to 514.4mn shares (+51.7% DoD). Traded value also increased by 8.8% to reach US$ 60.2mn as against US$ 55.3mn.
· Stocks that contributed significantly to the volumes include WTL, UNITYR3, HASCOL, CNERGY and TELE.
Courtesy – AHL