· Market traded in the positive zone after dissipation of the after effects of the situation in Afghanistan. Uptick was observed across the board, with major impact from Power, Cement, O&GMCs and Technology sectors. This was coincided by Autos and Steel sectors. This being a short trading week, investor sentiment skewed to positivity as selling subsided today. Banking sector showed nominal performance amid profit booking. Among scrips, TPLP topped the volumes with 30.9M shares, followed by GGL (16.9M) and TRG (14.1M).
· The Index closed at 47,258pts as against 46,912pts showing an increase of 346pts (+0.7% DoD). Sectors contributing to the performance include Power (+96pts), Cement (+36pts), O&GMCs (+32pts), Banks (+32pts) and Technology (+23pts).
· Volumes declined from 251.8mn shares to 246mn shares (-2% DoD). Average traded value however, increased by 13% to reach US $ 69.9mn as against 61.8mn.
· Stocks that contributed significantly to the volumes include TPLP, GGL, TRG, WTL and TELE, which formed 35% of total volumes.
· Stocks that contributed positively to the index include HUBC (+81pts), PSO (+23pts), MCB (+16pts), KAPCO (+15pts) and TRG (+13pts). Stocks that contributed negatively include BAHL (-6pts), KTML (-6pts), FCEPL (-4pts), PKGS (-3pts) and HBL (-3pts).