· Market showed consistent performance today with a further increase of 456pts and closing the session +356pts. E&P, O&GMCs, Banks and Fertilizer sector stocks well today even after major sell-off of E&P sector stocks yesterday in MSCI rebalancing. Cement and Steel sector stocks didn’t contribute much to the index today. Macro news flow on Pakistan’s green bond as well as improved real GDP estimates helped lifting investor sentiment, which was further supplemented by inching up of international crude oil prices. Among scrips, WTL realized trading volumes of 380.4M shares, followed by SILK (56.3M) and BYCO (38.7M).
· The Index closed at 47,126pts as against 46,791pts showing an increase of 336pts (+0.7% DoD). Sectors contributing to the performance include Banks (+98pts), E&P (+96pts), O&GMCs (+53pts), Fertilizer (+39pts) and Autos (+22pts).
· Volumes declined from 2,220mn shares to 959.9mn shares (-57% DoD). Average traded value also declined by 47% to reach US$ 148.0mn as against US$ 277.4mn.
· Stocks that contributed significantly to the volumes include WTL, SILK, BBYCO, HUMNL and NRSL, which formed 56% of total volumes.
· Stocks that contributed positively to the index include BAHL (+47pts), SYS (+46pts), PPL (+46pts), HBL (+39pts) and OGDC (+35pts). Stocks that contributed negatively include TRG (-48pts), AICL (-11pts), DGKC (-8pts), COLG (-7pts) and SEARL (-5pts).